Stage 2 on the Coffs Harbour Men's Shed New Shed Project has commenced.
This second Stage of the project is referred to as "Building The Basic Shed".
The majority of the funding for this Stage has been provided by
Coffs Harbour City Council Community Capital Infrastructure Grant Program 2016-2017.
This significant Grant provides big step towards the realisation of
The Coffs Harbour Men's Shed dream of a New Shed.
Stage 2 consists of:
- Ordering new shed materials
- Erecting shed
- Electrical fitout
- Building of toilet, kitchen, shed office
- Building mezzanine structure
- Plumbing, tiling and wet seal works
- Installation of solar electric system
- Obtaining an Occupany Certificate
- Moving in....
Erecting the Frame
Cladding the Walls
Almost readyJanuary 2017
Finally, we can start on the internals...
Shedders get together and under the guidance of the Committee get to work building the internal walls.
February 2017 Shed Update
Things are starting to move quickly towards moving into our new shed.
- The electrical wiring for the kitchen and toilets have been roughed in. Bill Tindall and his offsider Brian are busily getting the wiring in for the lights and various power distribution points around the building. The council has lent us a scissor lift to access the high points in the roof at no cost. They have been most accommodating at every turn to assist us in moving in.
- The plumbing has been roughed in for the toilets and kitchen as well as the solar hot water system on the roof. They have also plumbed in our fire hydrant reels and mounted them to the walls.
- We have also placed a firm order for a mezzanine floor to be erected by Newstyle Sheds (Fair dinkum sheds) over the whole area from the kitchen all the way down to the end of the planned store room. This will cover almost 1/3rd of the shed area and should be finished by the end of March ready for us to move in. We can thank Mr Warren Skinner and the Calcutta he organised for the Coffs race day. His generous donation of the full proceeds has paid for about 75% of the cost.
- An order has been placed for the solar electrics on the roof. Sometime in the next few weeks this should happen as well.
- On Saturday 25th February Coffs Rotary Club had a working bee to fix the Gyrock and Villaboard linings to the framing. Once the joints have been set we can move on towards having the toilets etc in place. Hopefully this will satisfy council requirements and we can get the nod to move in.
Packing up the Marcia Street Shed
Moving into the New ShedMay 2017
We've moved...21st May 2017
A big thanks to all the members and volunteers who gave up their precious time.
Many members showed up every day to help. You know who you are...
The 'OLD' shed is empty, and the 'NEW' shed at Howard Street is being fitted to accommodate more members, better facilities, more office space, and new areas for future projects and member's needs.
Behind the scenes the Committee is ensuring that all the financial and legal responsibilities are being met. Soon the car park will be converted to a bitumen base thanks to the Coffs Harbour City Council, the NBN is being organised, grants are being pursued to pay for all the new extras required, and some members are taking a well earned break after 18 months of tremendous effort.
Car Park SurfacingJuly 2017
Council lays down the foundation for a sealed car park.
Line marking was done in December 2018